Linville Ridge Country Club is an equal opportunity employer. We offer full and part time, year round and seasonal positions. Our club operation employs coworkers in numerous departments including:
- Food and Beverage Operations
- Golf Course Maintenance
- Golf Operations
- House Maintenance
- Numerous Member Service departments
Linville Ridge Country Club values its employees and considers them as one of the most important assets of our company. Everyone adds value to our team and shares in our success.If you are interested in more information, please fill out the Employment Application.
Landscaping and Groundskeeping Worker
30 landscaping and groundskeeping workers needed for temporary, full-time employment. Landscaping and groundskeeping workers will perform a variety of duties to carry out seasonal golf course and country club grounds maintenance operations. . .
- Perform landscaping maintenance and repair work.
- Operate mowing equipment and gas-powered hand equipment, such as mowers, edgers, chain-saws, electric clippers, sod cutters, pruning saws, and others.
- Water lawns, trees, or plants, using portable sprinkler systems, hoses, or watering cans
- Prune and trim trees, shrubs, and hedges.
- Trim and clear flower beds.
- Care for established lawns by mulching, aerating, weeding, grubbing, removing thatch, or trimming or edging around flower beds, walks, or walls.
- Mix and spray or spread fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs, and/or trees using automatic sprayers and spreaders.
- Maintain drainage and irrigation systems.
- Troubleshoot common electrical and/or motor issues in the field.
- Load and unload utility trailers.
- Keep tools and equipment maintained and organized.
- Perform other related tasks as needed.
- No minimum education is required.
- No prior experience is required.
- Must be able to lift/carry 50 lbs.
- Must have or be able to obtain a state Driver’s license.
Employer will offer at least 40 hours of work per week. Exact work schedules will vary depending on work assignments and weather conditions. Assigned shifts will begin at 6:30 AM and end at 3:30 PM, Monday through Friday and 6:30 AM to 10:30 AM on Saturday and Sunday. Workers are needed April 1, 2023 through November 30, 2023. Work will be performed at worksite in Linville, North Carolina. Workers will be paid no less than $14.48 per hour. Overtime hours may be available and will be paid at the overtime wage rate of $21.72 per hour. Employer will provide on-the-job training in the proper use and maintenance of employer's equipment and facilities as needed. Employer will use a single workweek as its standard for computing wages due. Workers will be paid weekly by check and may elect for direct deposit.
Employer will make adequate lodging available to workers for the duration of the employment period. Workers are not required to accept employer's lodging. For workers who elect to make use of employer’s lodging, employer will deduct the reasonable, fair value cost of such lodging from workers’ paychecks. Exact housing cost is yet-to-be determined but will not exceed $100 per week. Employer will make all deductions from the worker's paycheck as required by law. If the worker completes 50 percent of the work contract period, the employer will reimburse the worker for transportation and subsistence from the place of recruitment to the place of work.
Upon completion of the work contract or where the worker is dismissed earlier, the employer will provide or pay for worker's reasonable costs of return transportation and subsistence back home or to the place the worker originally departed to work, except where the worker will not return due to subsequent employment with another employer or where the employer has appropriately reported a worker's voluntary abandonment of employment. The amount of transportation payment or reimbursement will be equal to the most economical and reasonable common carrier for the distances involved. Daily meals will be provided at a rate of at least $14.00 per day during travel to a maximum of$59.00 per with receipts.
Workers will be provided daily transportation from employer provided lodging to worksite location in Linville, North Carolina. Workers will be reimbursed in the first workweek for all visa, visa processing, border crossing, and other related fees, including those mandated by the government (except passport fees). The employer will provide workers at no charge all tools, supplies, and equipment required to perform the job. The employer guarantees to offer work for hours equal to at least three-fourths of the workdays in each 12-week period of the total employment period.
Employer: The Scottsdale Co. DBA North Carolina Wilderness Ltd, 4850 Tamiami Trail North, Ste. 200, Naples, Florida 34103. Contact: Steve Sheets, firstname.lastname@example.org, (828-260-6227). Please inquire about the job opportunity or send applications and/or resumes indicating availability to the NC Works office located in Newland at 785 Cranberry St. Phone: (828) 733-5014